Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Jurgen Klinsmann for Tottenham Hotspur (v Sheffield Wednesday), 20 August 1994

So, we were standing outside the Rhein-Energie Stadion in Cologne last week in the sunshine waiting to go into the ground for the Ukraine v Swizerland match. Outside the stadium were any number of stalls and sideshows hosted by the main "official partners" of the tournament.

My eye was particularly caught by the Mastercard stand where you could have your photograph taken and superimposed with a major footballing legend. By the magic of clever technology, it looked like you had been snapped with a giant of the game...


Unfortunately, I was beaten to it by Tim Howard....

1 comment:

adem said...

hmm. Who would I rather have my fake picture taken with?? It'spretty hard to decide isn't it??

I think Tim Howard my swing it over Pele and Klinsmann.