Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Stephen O'Donnell for Clyde (v Dundee), 16 September 2006


This is ex Scotland international Andy McLaren. Until today, he played up front for Scottish league side Dundee. Today, he has had his contract terminated by "mutual consent".

"Why?" you may cry. Personal reasons? Offer from another club?

No.

Andy McLaren was sent off three times in the same game last Saturday.

His first red card came for kicking out at Clyde defender Eddie Malone. Then he received a second red card for punching Michael McGowan as he was leaving the pitch. Not content with a brace of reds, he then received a third red card for directing a volley of abuse at referee Dougie McDonald.

Whilst clearly a tad naughty, there is a little bit of me that likes the idea of "well, if I am going to be sent off, I may as well do it in style". Might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb...

2 comments:

Paul said...

Seeing as I am going to be away from a computer over the festive period, can I predict that every match will end 2-0 to the home team.

Sorry to be a pain and leave this here, but needs must.

Paul said...

That prediction will have to hold until I return in mid Jan.