Thursday, June 14, 2007

Peter Crouch for England (v Estonia), 6 June 2007

Fortuitously, some would say, I missed most of the England v Estonia game last Wednesday night as I was flying to Bratislava for the wedding of fellow contributor Swiss Toni.

I arrived in my hotel room and flicked on the TV and after a bit of channel-hopping I happened upon the match on EuroSport (about 75 minutes in).

After a moment I realised that it had the benefit of German commentary and so stuck with it for a few minutes. Just as I was about to turn off and go out for some dinner, the commentator went very silent and the camera panned to a close-up of the English football pin-up and legend above.

Some silence. And then the German commentator broke the silence.

"DIE TOWER."

Glad it's not just us, eh?

No comments: